Book List

Monday, March 30, 2020

Review: Sorry I'm Late, I Didn't Want to Come by Jessica Pan

Publication Date: May 28, 2019

★★★.5

This was an interesting read. Admittedly, I was drawn to this book because of the pretty cover and colors 🙈 I would classify myself as a selective extrovert (lolol). Meaning I do get my energy from being around CERTAIN people, not just any group of people. At the same time I love being at home and being with my little family unit.

Ramble over...this book surprised me. I knew the author Jessica was going to work on being more extroverted and saying yes to things, but I feel like her journey was extreme. I did not expect her to do some of the things she tried, like stand-up comedy or having a surprise trip booked for her. Those are two things you will not find me doing. Ever. ðŸĪŠ

I enjoyed reading about Jessica's experience taking an improv class, and all the people she met during her extroverted year. I love that a common theme throughout her journey was that a lot of people are more introverted than they may present. It kinda makes you think!

I recommend this book just as a funny read about someone stepping out of their comfort zone, just know that some of her experiences are a little unrealistic (at least to this midwest mama!) ðŸŒŧ

No comments:

Post a Comment