Book List

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

My Favorite Quotes from Calm My Anxious Heart

I love a good quote. I used to have journals just FILLED with quotes, some written by me and lots found on the internet. I recently read and reviewed Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow and that book was full of amazing, inspiring, encouraging quotes. I highlighted so many different quotes in this book that I knew I needed a whole separate post for them. I hope someone finds encouragement in these!

"What we are on the inside, what we continually think about, eventually shows in our words, actions, and even on our countenances."

"...she had lived a life of contentment when her circumstances would have caused the hardiest to complain."

"Her eyes were fixed on eternity. Her tomorrows belonged to God. She had given them to Him. And because all her tomorrows were nestled in God's strong arms, she was free to live today."

"Because Carol constantly compares her personality to those of the Sallys of this world, she has missed her own individual beauty." ... "She's too busy focusing on what she doesn't have instead of what God has given her."

"If we want to be women of contentment, we must choose to accept our portion, our assigned roles from God."

"When a woman looks for contentment in material possessions, the 'things' she wants pull her deeper and deeper into discontent. That for which she longs gradually becomes that to which she belongs."

"Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least."

"The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith. The beginning of true faith is the end of anxiety."

"When we worry, we're saying 'God can't.'"

"When we spend precious time worry about what might happen, anxiety becomes negative baggage that weighs us down, saps our energy, and leaves us ineffective."

"Worry never changes a single thing except the worrier."

"We are to entrust all our tomorrows to Him and live just today."

"It's when tomorrow's burden is added to the burden of today that the weight is more than a man can bear."






No comments:

Post a Comment